Avoid this: The germiest thing in your hotel room
Spending more days on the road than at home is a way of life for franchise execs. Like every traveler, international development people have found ways to avoid getting sick from recycled airplane air or adventurous foods. Here’s some advice:
• TV remotes are the most germ-infested thing in your hotel room. Place it gingerly into the plastic bag meant for the ice bucket and push the buttons through the plastic.
• Wear a hoodie on the plane when you sleep to keep your head warm.
• Try not to touch any surfaces in the plane restroom; use paper towels as makeshift gloves.
• Don’t drink the water: use bottled water to brush your teeth and don’t accept ice for your drinks.
• Drink lots of water—but only bottled—to stay hydrated.