Be at home when you're not
Don’t leave home without bringing some of your home field advantages with you. Here are some tips from road warrior, Dan Hannah with Smoothie King:
• Carry your own spices, while seasoning your food from your own stash may seem rude in restaurants, it’s definitely OK to spice up airplane food.
• Carry survival food, such as protein bars and nuts or candy bars.
• Pack the big five: pain-killers, Tums, antihistamine, anti-diarrheal, antibacterial cream (and eye drops).
• In hotels that require a room key in the slot by the door in order to keep the air conditioning and lights on—including keeping your computer or phone plugged in—use a credit or other card to keep the power on when you’re not in your room.
• And speaking of charging your electronics, carry spare cords and the right plug adapter for the outlets. If you do forget cords, use the USB port on the television to charge your phone.