- Last Year Rank: 21
- Investment Range: $339,550 - $2,041,300
- Initial Investment: $15,000 - $50,000
- Category: Restaurant
Tim Hortons is Canada's largest quick-service restaurant chain offering coffee, donuts and signature breakfast items. It first opened in 1964 in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, and expanded to the U.S. in the 1980s.
Ontario-based Restaurant Brands International operates Tim Hortons, along with fast-food restaurant brands Burger King and Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen.
Through its Tim Hortons Coffee Partnership, the Canadian chain works with coffee farmers in Guatemala, Brazil, Colombia and Honduras.
- Global Sales: $6,716,000,000
- US Units: 656
- International Units: 4,276
- Total Units: 4,932
- Percent Franchised: 100%
- % International Units: 87%
- US Franchised Units: 656
- International Franchised Units: 4,254
- Sales Growth %: -2.2%
- Unit Growth %: 1.8%