- Last Year Rank: 25
- Investment Range: $1,066,000 - $3,220,000
- Initial Investment: $35,000
- Category: Restaurant
Panera Bread is an American chain of bakery-cafe restaurants in the U.S. and Canada offering various soups, salads, sandwiches and baked goods.
The company focuses on using all-natural ingredients and serves food without artificial flavors or preservatives, uses cage-free eggs and was the first national restaurant to display calorie information on menu boards.
Panera Bread has more than 2,000 units and does not sell single-unit franchises, instead focusing on selling market areas. The company introduced delivery services in nearly 900 cities in 2018 and runs its own in-house delivery and catering programs.
- Global Sales: $5,925,000,000*
- US Units: 2,160
- International Units: 13
- Total Units: 2,173
- Percent Franchised: 55%
- % International Units: 1%
- US Franchised Units: 1,185
- International Franchised Units: 13
- Sales Growth %: 4.5%
- Unit Growth %: 2.8%
- *Franchise Times Estimate