- Last Year Rank: 3
- Investment Range: $1,442,500 - $2,771,550
- Initial Investment: $45,000
- Category: Restaurant
KFC is the largest fried chicken chain in the world, recognizable by its signature buckets of fried chicken and logo featuring the chain's founder, Harland Sanders. The signature “Original Recipe” of 11 herbs and spices is now world famous, but still secret.
Headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, the company has more than 20,000 units, the majority of which are located outside of the U.S.
The fast-food chain’s main charitable initiative is its partnership with the United Nations World Food Programme and other hunger organizations worldwide. KFC is a subsidiary of Yum Brands, which also owns Taco Bell, WingStreet and Pizza Hut.
- Global Sales: $27,900,000,000
- US Units: 4,065
- International Units: 20,039
- Total Units: 24,104
- Percent Franchised: 99%
- % International Units: 83%
- US Franchised Units: 4,009
- International Franchised Units: 19,750
- Sales Growth %: 6.3%
- Unit Growth %: 6.6%