- Last Year Rank: 55
- Investment Range: $168,885 - $398,323
- Initial Investment: $29,950
- Category: Printing/Shipping
The UPS Store is the world's largest franchisor of retail shipping, postal, printing and business service centers. Today there are more than 5,000 UPS Store locations in the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico.
This shipping and postal services franchise started in 1980 as Mail Boxes Etc., and after being acquired by UPS in 2001, the UPS Store brand was introduced in 2003. All Mail Boxes Etc. locations converted to UPS Store branding in 2012.
The company is 100 percent franchised, and offers franchising discounts to veterans.
- Global Sales: $2,650,000,000*
- US Units: 4,866
- International Units: 344
- Total Units: 5,210
- Percent Franchised: 100%
- % International Units: 7%
- US Franchised Units: 4,866
- International Franchised Units: 344
- Sales Growth %: 7.1%
- Unit Growth %: 1.8%
- *Franchise Times Estimate