- Last Year Rank: 6
- Investment Range: $89,550 - $328,700
- Initial Investment: $29,870 - $60,330
- Category: Restaurant
Subway is one of the largest franchises in the world in terms of unit count. Though the sub sandwich chain discontinued its famous “Five Dollar Footlong” deal for all but a few sandwich varieties, it continues to offer special deals on its 6-inch, 8-inch and footlong create-your-own subs.
Founded by Peter Buck and Fred DeLuca in Bridgeport, Connecticut, in 1965, Subway has units in more than 100 countries. Former Burger King chief John Chidsey was named CEO in late 2019.
- Global Sales: $16,100,000,000
- US Units: 23,801
- International Units: 17,068
- Total Units: 40,869
- Percent Franchised: 100%
- % International Units: 42%
- US Franchised Units: 23,801
- International Franchised Units: 17,068
- Sales Growth %: -0.6%
- Unit Growth %: -3.7%