- Last Year Rank: 85
- Investment Range: $376,022 - $1,059,000
- Initial Investment: $45,000
- Category: Personal Services
Massage Envy is the largest massage and spa franchise in the world, offering several styles of massages and facials. It uses a membership model, encouraging repeat business and reoccurring revenue with over 1.51 million members.
Founded in 2002, Massage Envy has more than 1,100 locations, all of which are located in the U.S. While the company attempted to expand to Australia, all units in the Land Down Under are now closed.
Massage Envy is owned by Roark Capital Group, a private equity firm with investments in brands such as Arby's, Jimmy John's, Cinnabon, Sonic and Jamba.
- Global Sales: $1,330,000,000*
- US Units: 1,154
- International Units: 0
- Total Units: 1,154
- Percent Franchised: 100%
- % International Units: 0%
- US Franchised Units: 1,154
- International Franchised Units: 0
- Sales Growth %: -0.4%
- Unit Growth %: -0.8%
- *Franchise Times Estimate