- Last Year Rank: 8
- Investment Range: $787,000 - $2,063,500
- Initial Investment: $25,000
- Category: Restaurant
One of the largest pizza chains in the world, Pizza Hut is operated by Yum Brands, along with popular fast-food chains KFC, Taco Bell and Habit Burger Grill. Pizza Hut had been the top pizza brand in the country in terms of revenue since 1971, but has been recently overtaken by Domino’s.
Founded in 1958 by brothers Frank and Dan Carney in Wichita, Kansas, Pizza Hut has grown to more than 16,000 locations in more than 100 countries. Its pizza has also been delivered to the White House, and the brand is currently the official pizza of the National Football League.
Stores are often co-branded with WingStreet in the U.S. and Canada, as well as sibling brands KFC and Taco Bell.
- Global Sales: $11,955,000,000
- US Units: 6,561
- International Units: 11,078
- Total Units: 17,639
- Percent Franchised: 100%
- % International Units: 63%
- US Franchised Units: 6,539
- International Franchised Units: 11,020
- Sales Growth %: -7.3%
- Unit Growth %: -5.7%