- Last Year Rank: 165
- Investment Range: $268,900 - $858,900
- Initial Investment: $25,000 - $30,000
- Category: Restaurant
In Kenner, Louisiana, founder Steve Kuhnau created Smoothie King to help him solve his chronic food allergies and opened the first outlet in 1973.
Offering smoothie blends for slimming down, improving wellness and exercising, Smoothie King is known for not using artificial ingredients such as high fructose corn syrup.
There are Smoothie King units across the U.S. and in countries such as South Korea, Trinidad and Tobago and the Cayman Islands.
- Global Sales: $496,664,000
- US Units: 1,007
- International Units: 296
- Total Units: 1,303
- Percent Franchised: 97%
- % International Units: 23%
- US Franchised Units: 967
- International Franchised Units: 296
- Sales Growth %: 2.6%
- Unit Growth %: 18.1%