- Last Year Rank: 64
- Investment Range: $90,985 - $625,185
- Initial Investment: $12,500 - $25,000
- Category: Restaurant
Based in Canton, Massachusetts, Baskin-Robbins is the world’s largest chain of ice cream stores. The company is known for having 31 flavors of ice cream at all of its locations, and has introduced over 1,300 flavors in its history. Baskin-Robbins also serves ice cream cakes and packaged ice cream in supermarkets.
There are thousands of Baskin-Robbins locations in nearly 50 countries, including Australia, Japans, and South Africa. Many Baskin-Robbins locations are co-branded with the coffee and donut franchise Dunkin’. In 2020, Inspire Brands acquired Baskin-Robbins and its parent company, Dunkin’s Brands.
Baskin-Robbins is 100 percent franchised.
- Global Sales: $2,090,000,000
- US Units: 2,419
- International Units: 5,322
- Total Units: 7,741
- Percent Franchised: 100%
- % International Units: 69%
- US Franchised Units: 2,419
- International Franchised Units: 5,322
- Sales Growth %: -1%
- Unit Growth %: -5.1%